Orient Express Hotel located on the historical peninsula in Sirkeci. The neighborhood has taken her name from the train station which denoted the end of the Orient Express line which carried kings, princes, and statesmen to Istanbul.
Today, Sirkeci Train Station's age of splendor is largely gone but the elderly people still remember how the generation before us describe it.
While building this historical treasure and giving her this name our aim was to make the memory of Orient Express come alive and to reestablish the neighborhood of Sirkeci as a place of opulence.
We believe we will be responsible for upholding honour to the name Orient Express.
Sirkeci Group Hotels and Restaurants may be defined as an independently operating enterprises providing restaurant and bar services. There are 5 hotels respectively named Sirkeci Konak Hotel (Luxury Design Hotel), Neorion Hotel (Luxury Design Hotel), Orient Express Hotel (Charming Hotel), Erboy Hotel (3 stars) and Ilkay Hotel (Budget Hotel)
Although the hotels with a total bedding capacity of 450 are technically very different from the each other, they have similar organizational structures in respect for service qualities and utmost customer-satisfaction oriented attitudes. Sirkeci Groups Hotel has undertaken certain responsibilities in parallel to the social development and revision movements going on in the Sirkeci area and is continuing to participate actively in projects designed for the Group and for the district. The Group prefers to explain itself as the "a group in love with Sirkeci" and aims at stressing the fact that status quo was only obtained as a result of value oriented struggles and to note the work accomplished in the area.
Sirkeci was an important area for accommodation at the beginning of 1900s but has faced degeneration after 1950s. Recently, contrary to the previous periods Sirkeci has once again come into the limelight as the rising star of Istanbul. Sirkeci Group has undertaken an important mission to promote Sirkeci area as an attractive living space in the right manner. When it is projected that Sirkeci will attract the attention of intellectual community of Istanbul in the next 2-3 years, it is very important to get prepared for the future and to introduce Sirkeci in much better means.
Urban rehabilitation works going on in Sirkeci area will be completed in 2 years' time and in 2010 underwater transportation project will be completed. Due to these developments Sirkeci Group Hotels and Restaurants has chosen this location. The area is already ahead of its goals in respect for customer satisfaction.
In terms of creating "value" the group has positioned itself properly as well. In fixing the rates, the services offered were meticulously chosen to be exactly right and money's worth. While the local customers form only 10% of the customer profile, remaining 90% mostly consist of citizens of OECD countries. Each hotel has a different customer structure. Therefore, Sirkeci Groups is continuing its advertisement and introduction activities by employing various channels.
In addition to ads placed in the globally renowned tour operators' catalogs such as TUI (Tourist Union International), the advertisement and introduction activities are carried on via Internet channels.